Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zumba: Love it or hate it?

Let me just put this out there right away. I HATE EXERCISE! Whew, okay, now that it's off my chest, let's talk about Zumba.

My workplace has an employee wellness committee and one of the offerings is a twice weekly Zumba class. At first, I wasn't interested AT ALL. Like I said, I hate exercises. But, as time went on, and my waistline continued to grow, the dreaded exercise became something I had to do.

It's been several months now, and if I'm totally honest, the Zumba thing has grown on me. In fact, it's grown on me so much that when I hear a song that we use in class, I can envision the routine in my head. If I'm not careful, I will do the moves, even if I'm in public. Yes, I've gotten a few looks.

In addition, I can't help myself, but when I hear other songs I listen for the beat and try to figure out if I could do our Zumba moves to those songs. And, you know what, you totally can! Even country music, which I love, has the right beats to do some of the Zumba moves.

So, next time you see someone just break out in dance - first, it might be me, and second, maybe they are subconsciously exercising. Just keep walking and wish them well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment