Monday, July 29, 2013

Embrace each moment

I spent this past weekend with a friend I hadn't seen in a LONG time. Saturday morning, we were supposed to get up early and photograph the sunrise, over the beach, in St. Augustine.

I LOVE photographing sunrises (well, to be honest, I love to photograph almost anything!) and I had every intention of getting up early and getting the perfect shot, but that darn alarm let me turn it off and it didn't kick me out of bed! So I overslept and missed a BEAUTIFUL sunrise.

When we did finally get going, I said "well, there will be another sunrise tomorrow" and my friend said something like "hopefully" and I thought nothing of it at the time.

Then I remembered that Kidd Kraddick, a much loved radio DJ and philanthropist had died the day before, very unexpectedly and at a very young age and I thought, what if I'm not promised another sunrise tomorrow?

No one is guaranteed a future, we are only guaranteed a present. We need to embrace each and every moment we're given and live for the moment! Tell your loved ones how much you love them, let people know how you feel and leave nothing unsaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment